Monday, October 1, 2012

How to make the Kids Jack-o-Lantern carving last longer!

Great idea found on Pintrest! Make your own Pumpkin Fresh!

Carving a pumpkin to make a Jack-o-Lantern with the kids? Make that carving last! Spray a mixture of bleach and water (equal parts) on the inside of your fresh pumpkin daily or coat the inside w/ petroleum jelly to keep mold and dehydration at bay. I wish I had known this tip last year for the kids!
Well, I think we could still save one as a science project-then the kids could see the difference between the two Jack-o-Lanterns! 
Be sure to check out "Getting Messy with Ms. Jessi" with some great Halloween and Fall Art for Preschoolers!
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these tips. Keeping our pumpkin fresh is one of our predicaments. Thanks for the info.

Drop by anytime and check out my favorites of pumpkin carving ideas in my blog too. Cheers!